The official first week of the College Football season was a ROUGH start for me. After adding to my perfect record on Thursday with Ohio State covering the spread against Minnesota, I went on to go 2-4 over the weekend. Going into week 2, I’m still over .500 on the year with a 5-4 record, but this week I NEED to do better. Here’s how I fared over week 1:
- Ohio State was able to cover the spread against Minnesota.
- Northwestern and North Carolina both didn’t look at all like the teams they were last year and were both blown out.
- Illinois lost (not touching them again this year).
- Louisiana Lafayette struggled against Texas and didn’t cover the spread.
- The Purdue/ Oregon State under did hit, so at least I picked up a win to end the weekend.
Week 2 picks:
Oregon +14.5 against Ohio State: While Ohio State did win & cover last week, 14.5 is a lot of points against a top 15 matchup. While Oregon did struggle last week with Fresno State, they are a much better team than Minnesota. I don’t see Oregon winning, but they should be able to keep it under 2 scores. That extra 0.5 a point makes this bet too good to pass up.
Iowa +4.5 against Iowa State: Iowa looked GREAT last week against a solid Indiana squad. I wasn’t too impressed with Iowa State either. 4.5 isn’t a lot of points, but I’m confident Iowa will keep it close.
Liberty money line against Troy: Liberty has one of the best players in the country with Malik Willis. Liberty might struggle with a good Troy team, but won’t lose with Malik Willis’ veteran leadership. Top to bottom, Liberty has too much talent to lose this game, even if it is a close one.
Best of luck to everyone on their bets this weekend. Let’s hope that I can get back to my week 0 winning ways in week 2. Go ahead and HAMMER that Liberty moneyline. I also through all 3 bets into a parlay and have +435 odds.